4/11/14

REVIEW : Too Cool For School's (eye) shadow on flatiron #2 Peach Gold

Hey!

Today I’m bringing you a review for a product that I get in my “Colorful Edition 2” Memebox (Read my unboxing HERE), it’s Too Cool Too School’s “Dino Platz” (eye) shadow on flatiron in #2 Peach Gold. 



      BRAND      
too cool for school

      PRODUCT NAME      
(eye) shadow on flatiron

      type of product      
cream (liquid) eye shadow

       shade       
#2 Peach Gold

      PRICE      
KRW 11.000

      site info     





I chose this color (it’s one of the selectable product in the box) because I thought it could be an all over one color shadow for those lazy day, and I thought out of the 3 color, this color is the most neutral out of all.

I can’t say anything for the packaging. It’s the prettiest, the most weirdest packaging ever. It’s like so random and I don’t have any idea how they can come with this awesome randomness. And don’t forget the product name itself – (eye) shadow on Flatiron? What?

(now that I think again, eyeshadow on flatiron --> melts --> cream shadow? wow. just wow.)

If you ever come to Too Cool For School store, they have a very unique concept and it really reflects in their product’s packaging. They have crayon shaped lip products, pigments that shaped like paint pots, basically their makeup shaped like school supplies. 




This product also shaped like watercolor paint tube, which is genius in my opinion. Guys, you know me, I’m all about packaging!

Since the website stated the ingredients, I'll copy it for you guys! 

#2 Peach Gold 7g
Water,Mica (CI 77019),Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891),Triethylhexanoin,Vinyl Dimethicone /Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Acrylates Copolymer,Glycerin,Alcohol Denat.
,Synthetic Fluorphlogopite,Iron Oxides (CI 77491),Silica,Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer,Glyceryl Stearate,Sorbitan Sesquioleate,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,Potassium Cetyl Phosphate,PEG-100 Stearate,Isohexadecane,Glycol Stearate,Triceteareth-4 Phosphate,Tocopheryl Acetate,PEG-2 Stearate,Polysorbate 80
Sodium Polyacrylate,Xanthan Gum,Talc,Tin Oxide (CI 77861),Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin,Propylparaben


The cream shadow came out bronzy gold, and when blended it started to look more orangey. The cream shadow is very easy to blend – you can totally use your fingers, but I prefer my brushes because the shimmers stick to my finger (a lot of them). I don’t fine a huge difference between applying the product with fingers or brushes.

The color is almost impossible to build up, the pigmentation is not really great. So it's really good for people that's not really into strong eye shadow look because it's really hard to over-applying with this product.

My first impression was not as good; the cream shadow is too shimmery for my taste, and the color itself turned out to be so orangey. I almost never took out this product to wear it, but then I remember that I want to do a review about this. So I thought I just have to work it and TURNED OUT I LOVE THIS PRODUCT.


swatch on hand and eyes. 

The reason: this cream product may not work well as a stand-alone eye shadow (for me, I just don’t like orange hues in my eyes), but it definitely works well for primers!

Yes. Eye primer. I’m not someone with a super deep, deep eyelid, but I do have some lines (especially in the inner corner) and sometimes if I use darker eye shadow the lines did shows up. With this cream eye shadow, the lines are almost invisible! Super crease-free!!! 

this is my eyes at the end of the day!! No lines visible, crease-free!!! 

I used this cream eye shadow without any expectation at all; maybe that’s why I’m super shocked when it actually worked well! I like to apply this first then another shimmer eye shadow all over it.
As someone that isn’t really into ‘shimmers’, this shadow shimmer is totally not over the top and is great for daily use!



Overall, this cream eye shadow is totally over my expectation. If only the shade itself less orangey, I would totally give this product 5 out of 5, but now it’s 4.5 out of 5 lah.


However, this eye shadow can only be used under shimmer eye shadow because you can see from the swatches, the shimmer is quite strong to be used under matte shadow.




Where to find me :
tumblr // youtube // instagram // twitter // deviantart // dayre
xx

1 comment:

  1. There's shocking news in the sports betting world.

    It's been said that any bettor must watch this,

    Watch this now or quit betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey